INTERNET EXTRAS (!) of Episode 4 of Learn To Love Baseball, “Introducing… The Pitcher! (PART TWO)” with your host Daniel Student.
INTERNET EXTRAS (!) of Episode 3 of Learn To Love Baseball – “Introducing… The Pitcher! (PART ONE)” with Daniel Student
INTERNET EXTRAS (!) of Learn To Love Baseball Episode 2 – “What Is a Baseball?”
- MLB official rules, just a good link to have when you have questions you want a specific answer to!
- Scientific American’s “Inside Baseball: What Gives a Baseball Its Bounce” and Smithsonian’s “A Brief History of The Baseball” gave me much of what went into this episode
- A couple of random images of people throwing balls at each other in Kickball and Wallball, in case you’d never seen this in action:
- Here is some explanation of “coefficient of restitution”, in case you wanted to dive deeper into that science. Ironically, they used a basketball as an example!
- Here’s A.G. Spalding in all of his 19th century glory. The Spalding website has a nifty little history, which is where I grabbed the picture from.
- Here’s that article from LiveStrong about how Rawlings now makes baseballs with hand-stitching
- Here’s the full text of Marc Santora’s beautiful New York Times “Wiffleball” article
INTERNET EXTRAS (!) of Learn To Love Baseball, “Why Should You Bother”, with your host Daniel Student
- You should buy Take Me Out, its the perfect inspiration read for a fan new to baseball! And NO, I don’t get a cut, I’m just a fan!
- I am grateful for Tim Urian, who helped me get this off the ground about a year ago.
- And last, but certainly not least, the incomparable George Carlin and his routine on “Baseball vs. Football”